Thank you all for following the blog and leaving comments. Initially I thought I would only run the blog for a few months, but due to the great response I decided that it was definitely worth continuing.
Some of my Highlights for the Tester Cartoon blog include:
- Over 30,000 direct visits to the site – that’s incredible :o)
- Cartoons printed in a number of magazines/newspapers/ebooks:
- STC: Issues 1, 2, 3, If I was a test case I would
- STP: Vol. 7 No. 5 and No. 6
- Many Cartoons translated into Russian
- The site is Number 32 in the charts!
- Cartoon Tester display stand at EuroSTAR 2010
- Received a hard copy of I am a bug
- Accepted into the w-a-t group.
- Got free entry to ExpoQA
- Cartoons displayed in Test Conference in Croatia
- Mr. Fails
Wow! What a list! Thank you again for all the great support I’ve received that has made the above a reality.
Recently, a few people have asked when and why I started drawing cartoons about testing. I think some of them were asking ‘Why? Why are you wasting your time drawing stupid cartoons?” but I think others were genuinely interested!
There are a number of reasons why…
One was that I wanted to get more involved in the wider testing industry. One option was to start a typical blog but I knew I wasn’t great at writing articles.
I knew that I had ‘some’ skill at drawing cartoons. I used to draw cartoons about my wife and I and our relationship together. Some of the cartoons made her laugh, so I thought I was unto something as she’s my toughest critic!
Another reason was that I wanted to improve my employability. I thought my CV/resume was boring to read, I felt I needed something extra, something a bit different.
With all this, I started drawing cartoons about testing early 2009 and ended up with around 20-30 cartoons, I submitted them all for review to the first STC magazine. I received such a great response from them that I decided to start this blog. Like they say… and the rest is history :o)
Here’s my updated CV, I had to remove some private information, but I think it looks much better than my old one…